• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

responsibilites of surveyor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cherimc.

What is the name of your state? north carolina 1997 survey made of my property deed and plat registered. trailer and septic system placed accordingly. 2001 people adjoining my property want to sell. survey their property find that i am encroaching on their property according to new survey. 2 items of interest: first, according to my original plat and deed measuring from start point my plat is correct. second,the original surveyor admits to making a
mistake on plat by adding 100 extra feet across back line.
questions:
1. this was one big tract of land originally. my plat and deed registered first. is it true that all others must work off my boundries?
2. what is the original surveyor's responsibility?
3. according to my plat and deed,the original, i am within my boundraries. what do i do?

HomeGuru

cherimc. said:
What is the name of your state? north carolina 1997 survey made of my property deed and plat registered. trailer and septic system placed accordingly. 2001 people adjoining my property want to sell. survey their property find that i am encroaching on their property according to new survey. 2 items of interest: first, according to my original plat and deed measuring from start point my plat is correct. second,the original surveyor admits to making a
mistake on plat by adding 100 extra feet across back line.
questions:
1. this was one big tract of land originally. my plat and deed registered first. is it true that all others must work off my boundries?

**A: NO, especially if your survey was erroneous.

2. what is the original surveyor's responsibility?

**A: to be accurate.

3. according to my plat and deed,the original, i am within my boundraries. what do i do?

**A: contact all surveyors and discuss.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">