• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Resposibility for perc test and septic design

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashbeer

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

I am looking to purchase a residential property. It used to be accessed by a cul-de-sac, but now since no one has purchased, they included another property with this one behind it, to be accessed by a driveway off of the main road. So we have 2 tracts on one deed for a total of 3 acres. The original perc and probe test and septic design were done to accomodate the access from the cul-de-sac. Now that the property is accessed from the other direction it would be unsightly and not very athestic to have a sand mound in the front yard. Also not to mention weaving a driveway in and around a sand mound to get to the house when built. I am being told by the property owner and the surveyor, that since a house can be built on the property with the current perc and probe and septic design, it would be my responsibility to pay for a new test and design. Is that correct? Since the layout of the development has changed and the layout of the property has changed, shouldn't that be their responsibility to get the land restested or at least redesigned for the new layout? I just want to know who pays?

seniorjudge

ashbeer said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

I am looking to purchase a residential property. It used to be accessed by a cul-de-sac, but now since no one has purchased, they included another property with this one behind it, to be accessed by a driveway off of the main road. So we have 2 tracts on one deed for a total of 3 acres. The original perc and probe test and septic design were done to accomodate the access from the cul-de-sac. Now that the property is accessed from the other direction it would be unsightly and not very athestic to have a sand mound in the front yard. Also not to mention weaving a driveway in and around a sand mound to get to the house when built. I am being told by the property owner and the surveyor, that since a house can be built on the property with the current perc and probe and septic design, it would be my responsibility to pay for a new test and design. Is that correct? Since the layout of the development has changed and the layout of the property has changed, shouldn't that be their responsibility to get the land restested or at least redesigned for the new layout? I just want to know who pays?
Q: I am being told by the property owner and the surveyor, that since a house can be built on the property with the current perc and probe and septic design, it would be my responsibility to pay for a new test and design. Is that correct?

A: This is a matter for negotiation in the sales contract. But if it is for your benefit, then you should expect to pay for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">