• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Restrictions & Covenants

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Director

from florida:a legal interpretation of the following association restriction;
no wall,fence,or hedge over six(6)feet in height shall be erected,placed,altered,maintained, or permitted to remain on any lot unless and until the height type and location thereof have been approved by the Architectural Control Committee.
Can I legally read this to mean that any fence under six(6)feet can be erected without approval of AC Committee?

HomeGuru

Yes but I would request approval anyway and get written approval or written statement by the AC stating "no approval needed".

D

Director

reply to home guru. restrictions & covenants

The concern is that the fence had already been erected
based upon what appears to be a correct intrepretation
of the restriction. Now the ACC wants the fence taken down
when they actually had no juristriction over a fence 6ft or less in height and the fence meets all city codes.

HomeGuru

Then tell the ACC don't fence me in. And to show you provisions in the HOA documents stating that you are in violation of any By-Laws, House Rules etc.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">