• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

reverting easment?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

easment

I am looking to purchase a house from my gradmother which is empty. She lives next to the house I am trying to buy from her. There is three sheds on the property I am trying to buy, but my grandmother wants something in writing saying that untill she no longer lives in her house that the sheds remain to her. Is there such a thing as a reverting easment??

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by easment:
I am looking to purchase a house from my gradmother which is empty. She lives next to the house I am trying to buy from her. There is three sheds on the property I am trying to buy, but my grandmother wants something in writing saying that untill she no longer lives in her house that the sheds remain to her. Is there such a thing as a reverting easment??<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What she needs is a lifetime right or estate interest in the sheds that will revert to the property owner of record (you) upon her death. In addition there needs to be an easement created for access to the sheds that would also be extinguished upon her death.

Hire a real estate attorney to work out the details and make sure that the pertinent documents are recorded on title.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">