• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rider to lease

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Rigers

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY

Hi,

I want to rent a commercial space. After the landlord showed me the lease I made a few changes. The landlord agreed but instead of changing the lease he added a rider to the lease. The real estate agent and him said this is a normal practice since the lease form they got is a standard form from Blumberg Legal Forms and instead of making changes they add a rider, which supersedes the lease. Is this true? Should I keep insisting on him changing the form or is a rider fine?

Thanks!

PS. the blumberg form is form 185

Rigers

Hi,

You mean the terms on the rider? I do agree to those as those were my terms, but my question exactly is:
if something were to happen which part would hold in court the statement on the lease or the statement on the rider modifying the statement on the lease?

Thanks for the fast response.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">