• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Right to display For Rent Sign

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

acaine

My husband and I rent a house. The tenants are due to move out nov.4th, 2000. At our request due to rent being owed. We have put up a for rent sign twice and they have took it down twice. due to their phone being diconnected. And they are never at home when we go by. I have sent them a letter requesting they leave the sign up. Saying we wanted to start getting a list of prospective tenants and that we are not going to start showing the house til they move out. we have gotten no response from them. But they keep taking the sign down .Is their anything we can do legally to keep the sign up. Besides going and putting back up everyday. We don't know if they are planning to move out on the requested date or if they are going need to be evicted by the sheriff dept. Because they wanted communicate with us. Any suggestions would be helpful.

------------------
acaine,nc

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by acaine:
My husband and I rent a house. The tenants are due to move out nov.4th, 2000. At our request due to rent being owed. We have put up a for rent sign twice and they have took it down twice. due to their phone being diconnected. And they are never at home when we go by. I have sent them a letter requesting they leave the sign up. Saying we wanted to start getting a list of prospective tenants and that we are not going to start showing the house til they move out. we have gotten no response from them. But they keep taking the sign down .Is their anything we can do legally to keep the sign up. Besides going and putting back up everyday. We don't know if they are planning to move out on the requested date or if they are going need to be evicted by the sheriff dept. Because they wanted communicate with us. Any suggestions would be helpful.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Obviously they are playing games with you. Hire an attorney to file an eviction complaint already. If they have taken down the sign so many times and fail to communicate with you, what are the odds that they will move out come Nov 4?

A

acaine

I CAN'T LEGALLY ENVICT THEM TIL THE 4TH PER SHERRIFF OFFICE. BECAUSE I GAVE THEM THE 30 DAY NOTICE LETTER. MY MISTAKE I REALIZE THAT NOW. SO WILL THEY BE RESPONIBLE FOR US NOT RENTING THE HOUSE AS SOON AS WE WOULD LIKE AND WOULD THEY BE LIABLE FOR ADVERTISING COST.LIKE IN A PAPER. NEIGHBOR HAS SEEN THEM TAKE THE SIGN DOWN. ISN'T A FOR RENT SIGN THE SAME AS A FOR SALE SIGN.IF NOT WHAT IS THE DIFFERENTS? <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by acaine:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------
acaine,nc

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by acaine:
I CAN'T LEGALLY ENVICT THEM TIL THE 4TH PER SHERRIFF OFFICE. BECAUSE I GAVE THEM THE 30 DAY NOTICE LETTER. MY MISTAKE I REALIZE THAT NOW. SO WILL THEY BE RESPONIBLE FOR US NOT RENTING THE HOUSE AS SOON AS WE WOULD LIKE AND WOULD THEY BE LIABLE FOR ADVERTISING COST.LIKE IN A PAPER. NEIGHBOR HAS SEEN THEM TAKE THE SIGN DOWN. ISN'T A FOR RENT SIGN THE SAME AS A FOR SALE SIGN.IF NOT WHAT IS THE DIFFERENTS?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What's with all the capital letters. Sorry I do not talk to people shouting.

HomeGuru

I CAN'T LEGALLY ENVICT THEM TIL THE 4TH PER SHERRIFF OFFICE. BECAUSE I GAVE THEM THE 30 DAY NOTICE LETTER. MY MISTAKE I REALIZE THAT NOW. SO WILL THEY BE RESPONIBLE FOR US NOT RENTING THE HOUSE AS SOON AS WE WOULD LIKE AND WOULD THEY BE LIABLE FOR ADVERTISING COST.LIKE IN A PAPER. NEIGHBOR HAS SEEN THEM TAKE THE SIGN DOWN. ISN'T A FOR RENT SIGN THE SAME AS A FOR SALE SIGN.IF NOT WHAT IS THE DIFFERENTS?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What's with all the capital letters. Sorry I do not talk to people shouting.

A

acaine

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HomeGuru:
What's with all the capital letters. Sorry I do not talk to people shouting.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry,not shouting. Just left my capslock on.

------------------
acaine,nc

HomeGuru

Sorry,not shouting. Just left my capslock on.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

in your honor i will not use shift or caps lock key. if you have any other questions please feel free to post.

signed,
your cousin,
Cocaine

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">