• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Right of way

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sw3913

What is the name of your state? Massachusetts
We have recently bought property with a right of way to get to the propert. We were in the process of buying the land that the right of way is on, but the deal fell through. During the negotiatons for the second property we were given verbal permission to put a driveway on this land to start building the back property. After the deal fell through we were forced to relocate the driveway to the right of way which was not an issue. The owner of the property we were trying to pruchase in front of our property that was already closed on is now saying that if we do not "fix" the original drive that we put in she will get a cease and desist order put on the construction on the back property. My question is can she do that where the right of way is deeded in for access to my back property? I am not concerned with fixing the front property. We may have to do that. I just do not want the construction to be held up on the back property.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">