• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

right of way

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dajasa

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? north carolina
I live on a property that has no direct access to the highway except through my neighbor's property (on his driveway). He has never been contrary about me using the road, which has been there for over 100 years (if that makes a difference), but he has recently talked about selling. I have no deeded right- of -way and I am afraid that whoever buys the property could give me trouble about using the road. I have asked the current property owner to sell me a right -of -way several times but apparently he doesn't want to. I have always heard you can not
"landlock" anyone. So, can I go to court somehow and force him to sell me a right-of -way or what can I do? Thanks.

i

HomeGuru

dajasa said:
What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? north carolina
I live on a property that has no direct access to the highway except through my neighbor's property (on his driveway). He has never been contrary about me using the road, which has been there for over 100 years (if that makes a difference), but he has recently talked about selling. I have no deeded right- of -way and I am afraid that whoever buys the property could give me trouble about using the road. I have asked the current property owner to sell me a right -of -way several times but apparently he doesn't want to. I have always heard you can not
"landlock" anyone. So, can I go to court somehow and force him to sell me a right-of -way or what can I do? Thanks.

i
**A: hire an attorney to file a prescriptive easement claim.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">