• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Right of way?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AKG1959@verizon

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania I want to know the rights of a (right of way). I have one on my property and it belongs to the property that is behind me. Questions: Who pays the taxes on the right of way, I have had an outdoor sign on that right of way that hasn't been used since its inseption in 1955 a new owner bought the property and now wants the income from that sign. Who has the right to the income? Can I have the sign moved if I don't want it there? I thought a right of way was to give you access to the other property and nothing else. I would appreciate some info and also would like some info on what I can read to reasearch this subject. Thankyou.

FlyingRon

You pay taxes on the property you own (regardless of easements and right of ways).

You need to find the deed or whatever document creates the right of way to see what the other parties rights are. If it is purely for access, then you are right I don't see have they have anything to say about the sign as long as it doesn't restrict their right of access.

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania I want to know the rights of a (right of way). I have one on my property and it belongs to the property that is behind me. Questions: Who pays the taxes on the right of way, I have had an outdoor sign on that right of way that hasn't been used since its inseption in 1955 a new owner bought the property and now wants the income from that sign. Who has the right to the income? Can I have the sign moved if I don't want it there? I thought a right of way was to give you access to the other property and nothing else. I would appreciate some info and also would like some info on what I can read to reasearch this subject. Thankyou.
**A: is there a recorded document on this?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">