• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jdcamh

I live in West Virginia and rent an apartment. My landlord had sent a letter informing me that an exterminator would be at my apartment at a certain time of the month. The exterminator has been given a key to enter my apartment at any time whether I am home or not. Is this legal, what are my rights concerning this matter. Thank you.

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jdcamh:
I live in West Virginia and rent an apartment. My landlord had sent a letter informing me that an exterminator would be at my apartment at a certain time of the month. The exterminator has been given a key to enter my apartment at any time whether I am home or not. Is this legal, what are my rights concerning this matter. Thank you.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is not right. Tell the Landlord that either you or he/she must be present to let the person in at a pre-appointed set day and time. Otherwise be responsible and liable for missing personal effects, your safety etc. What if you are home sick and the person just opens the door and comes in.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">