• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Road developing problems

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

acdeweese

i purchased a waterfront lot in woodlake properties,vass,nc. according to the contract the road in front of the lot was to be completed in 2001. there is a hold up with a wetlands proposal with the corp of engineers and now there is no guaranteed timeline at all for the roads to be put in, which means i cannot build my retirement home. do i have any legal recourse? should i be consulting an attorney immed? thank you.

HomeGuru

You have very little recourse and very few attorneys wish to take on an environmental wetlands case against the Army Corp of Engineers.

Last edited:
A

acdeweese

re:road developing problems

The problem itself is not with the wetlands or the corp. The property on the far side of our lot is wetlands and they have asked for permit to put road thru this lot. The corp turned down the permit saying they want the proposal for the remaining properties located there at woodlake before they will give permission for the road to go thru this existing wetland. The problem is : The developer refuses to develop up to the point where this wetland begins until everything is settled. They have the permit to build the road up to our lot already-there is no issue with that. Is there anything the lot owners can do that own lots before the wetland begins to push the developer to move on that portion until they get everything else settled with the corp?

HomeGuru

If you had or have no such written agreement with the developer/Seller, then there is no way to push the issue.
You should consult an attorney to be sure.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">