• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Road easement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

FE1

We live in Texas.In order to get to our house we must pass down a gravel road. this road was granted as an easement for public use in 1990 by the original owners of the land. 5 homes border this road. In 1999 a man moved into the house once owned by the grantors of the easement. He now claims to own the easement. He has installed speed bumps out of concrete and is continually partially blocking the entrance, leaving us just enough room to get our car through. They are currently emptying their cat litter box onto the road as well. they have also constructed a private chain link fence along the road, which I believe to be in the 16 foot easement allowance. We obtained the files on record concerning this easement as listed in our home title. They clearly state the boundaries of said easement and alleviate the responsibility of anyone from maintenance of it. That is all they say. Is there any way that we can stop this persons obsessive control of this road,our only way to get to our home, to stop his behavior?

S

Susan Elaine

easement problem

To Texas person with road easement that was partially obstructed by obstinate neighbor: Did you resolve it, because I would love to find out what happened as I have the same problem right now! I would love to talk to your attorney, if you had one. Can you PLEASE email me at [email protected].

Thanks!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">