• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

roof leaks

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jjfehr

Wisconsin
question 1
We just purchased a newly constructed spec home from a builder in our town and we have had nothing but problems with it since day one. We have been here 2 months and just had a heavy rain that leaked through the roof, insulation, dry wall and finally out a light fixture onto new stools that were ready to be finished.
I have shut off all power to the kitchen so I don't start a fire!
I told the builder about the problem 2 days ago and he has not been here yet! Can I make him fix all damage including my stools, and have him pay for my meals that we eat out because we have no power to the kitchen?
Question 2
Our realtor happens to be our neighbor and 2 weeks before closing he sprung on us a landscape easment in his favor. The survey showed that it was to include a pine tree, maple tree, and a small rock retaining wall with a bird bath in it. No problem I thought, Well the maple now has been moved over further onto my property, and is now surrounded by a stone planting bed however is still within the easment! In the document it says that both parties need to agree on anything added to the easment. I was never asked about the planting bed or the movement of the tree, it was being done while we were at the closing!
Question 3
When the easment was signed the grading was not yet complete, and now I have a 45 degree slope on that side of my house because the grading stops its declide 13.76 feet before the actual lot line where I thought that the lot would be graded to! Can I have it graded to the actual lot line rather than the easment line?
Thanks,
JJFEHR

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">