• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Roommate wont pay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

asdfghjkl1

I have a roommate. Well i had a roommate. They have decided they wanted to move out. The lease is in my fathers name because I am not old enough to have it in mine. However, we are both listed on the lease as occupants. When we first moved in we split the fees for our utilities, electric, and cable. However, the cable and electric are in his name and he now has turned them off. This is causing me to pay the full fees once again by myself to have them turned back on. He also is refusing to pay the months of rent until the lease is up which is in september. I offered him to just pay the rent until I am able to replace him. He had agreed to keeping the utilities, electric, an cable on and pay half of his rent however he is now going back on his word and i have it in a message where he agreed to doing so. He has shut everything off and leaving me to pay the full amount of rent. Do I have the right to take him to court because of his not following through or any other reasons.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">