• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Roommates Property---

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

blueye02

If I had to pay the over due bills (eletric,gas,phone)That were in my name can I keep my ex-roommate property until she pays???? It had nothing to do with L/T bills

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by blueye02:
If I had to pay the over due bills (eletric,gas,phone)That were in my name can I keep my ex-roommate property until she pays???? It had nothing to do with L/T bills<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The answer is still a resounding no.

Were not these utility bills for the subject rental property? The bills were electric, gas and telephone service for the property that she was evicted from. The landlord rented you folks as tenants, the property and the bills are for the same property correct? Then those bills are considered L/T bills.

[This message has been edited by HomeGuru (edited October 23, 2000).]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">