• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Roots growing into Sewer Line

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MarkTK421

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona

The roots of a tree, on my neighbor's property, have grown under my property and have damaged my sewer pipe. Is my neighbor responsible for the damage?

STEPHAN

No. The roots on your site are yours, not this problem.

Also, as roots are usually attacked to moisture, it is often that you have a leak first and then the roots grow in.

There are root breakers that prevent this.

FarmerJ

I suspect your problem also is that your home has a cast iron sewer line , those seem to have more problems with joint leaks than say those who have pvc sewer pipe if it happens enough then maybe your best bet is to hire one of them sewer line companies who inject into the line a liner that hardens but seriously your neighbors tree roots are doing what they are designed to seeking water, but legally not something you can do much about.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">