• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

rules of discovery

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Q

quigley3056

I`m involved in a dispute about a manufactured home in subdivision involving the restrictive covenants. What are the rules of discovery regarding a civil matter. How much time does a person have prior to court date to show what evidence they have. Do they have to show what they have? This is in the state of Montana. Thank You Quigley

HomeGuru

quigley3056 said:
I`m involved in a dispute about a manufactured home in subdivision involving the restrictive covenants. What are the rules of discovery regarding a civil matter. How much time does a person have prior to court date to show what evidence they have. Do they have to show what they have? This is in the state of Montana. Thank You Quigley
My response: there are Federal, State and arbitration rules.
Discovery is an entire process that may include request for production of documents, depositions, interrogatories, testifying witnesses, expert witnesses, etc. Timing is based on the Court and various filed motions.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">