• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sad Mad and Worried

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pitbulllover

I live in San Bernardino California.

My neighbor had a party where a 4 year old child attended and was not being supervised. He was taunting my dogs and throwing pine cones at them. I asked the neighbor twice to keep the child away from my yard because the dogs were getting irate. The neighbor indicated she had already asked him to leave them alone. his mother wasn't around. My dogs are pitbulls. (3 big and 5 pups) The boy was beckoning the puppies out of the gate and i had to put them back 3 times.

Later that same evening my husband took our Hunter over to the neighbors house. (he was unaware of the boy taunting the dogs earlier) My husband held the dog to allow the boy to pet it. The boy became afraid when my dog lifted his paw to shake hands and pulled away. The boy was scratched by the nails on the dogs paw. The mother of the boy who was not present during the incident only came after he was scratched took him to the hospital and he rec'd one stitch to his ear. Am I liable? I offered to pay medical bills but she is attempting to sue my homeowners insurance even though we were not on my property.

Please if you have ever loved a dog help my Hunter. We call him honey boy because he is so gentle and plays with the neighborhood children regularly.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">