• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

School problems, revisited

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Jack Hammer

I live in a rich school district which refuses to repair or install adequate lighting in the darkest portion of their parking lot; as a result, this lot is used by kids for gathering, drinking and fornication in cars (including breaking liquor bottles and throwing their used condoms on the pavement). As a neighboring property-owner and frequent visitor to the school park in this area, I think this is both unsafe as well as degrading to the community.

I tried contacting the school board but they refused to do anything, while likewise the township supervisor is a rude bureacrat who says it's not in their jurisdiction, while likewise the state department of education says its the school district jurisdiction.
I'm getting tired of this school district being above the law, and I'd like to be able to make them take responsibility for this.

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jack Hammer:
I live in a rich school district which refuses to repair or install adequate lighting in the darkest portion of their parking lot; as a result, this lot is used by kids for gathering, drinking and fornication in cars (including breaking liquor bottles and throwing their used condoms on the pavement). As a neighboring property-owner and frequent visitor to the school park in this area, I think this is both unsafe as well as degrading to the community.

I tried contacting the school board but they refused to do anything, while likewise the township supervisor is a rude bureacrat who says it's not in their jurisdiction, while likewise the state department of education says its the school district jurisdiction.
I'm getting tired of this school district being above the law, and I'd like to be able to make them take responsibility for this.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Send letters, and make calls to the City Councilpersons, Mayor, Board of Education, Governors Office, State Senators and Representatives etc. Write letters to the Editors, contact the newspapers to write stories about the political passing the buck scenario etc. Take photos and put up a website with the photos and captions listing the uncooperative public servants by name. Make up some catchy headlines such as Township Supervisor John Doe Condones Sex In the Parking Lot, Drinking and Safe? Sex On School Property Allowed by BOE etc.

J

Jack Hammer

Thanks Gur, that's a good idea.
Finally I have an excuse to use my digital camera :)
When you say "Editors," are you talking about just local newspapers, or are there any other good publications to write as well?

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jack Hammer:
Thanks Gur, that's a good idea.
Finally I have an excuse to use my digital camera :)
When you say "Editors," are you talking about just local newspapers, or are there any other good publications to write as well?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mostly local editors but if you can get USA Today, 20/20, 60 Minutes, Prime Time Live etc. that would be nice. Be happy if you can get on the 6 o'clock news.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">