• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

second mortgage discharge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Jwalker46

What is the name of your state? Massachusetts

I ahd a second mortgage on a property that was never discharged. I have no records that prove that it was paid off. It was a balloon payment due on January 1, 1991. The developer held the second mortgage and then assined it to a bank. That bank was bought out by a larger bank. The current bank has no record of the second mortgage. My understanding is that I have to go through Land Court to clear the title. Are there any statue of limitations regarding this.

J

Jwalker46

Massachusetts

how long does it typically take to get through Land Court to get the second mortgage discharged

HomeGuru

Jwalker46 said:
Massachusetts

how long does it typically take to get through Land Court to get the second mortgage discharged
**A: I have no idea as there are too many variables involved.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">