• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

security deposit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Dave

I live in Virginia and recently moved from a leased house. Am I authorized more than my original security deposit if my previous landlord does not return my deposit within 30 days of the lease ending? If so, how much? Also, if I lived in the house for more than one year, am I authorized interest on my security deposit? If so, how much?
Thanks!

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dave:
I live in Virginia and recently moved from a leased house. Am I authorized more than my original security deposit if my previous landlord does not return my deposit within 30 days of the lease ending? If so, how much? Also, if I lived in the house for more than one year, am I authorized interest on my security deposit? If so, how much?
Thanks!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are entitled to damages based on L/T State law. You are not entitled to interest unless specifically agreed to in your written lease agreement or required by law.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">