• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Security Deposit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

Tamu

I live Philadelphia PA. I just moved out of my apartment. I cleaned the apartment better that it was before I moved in.I mopped the floors I windexed the windows ,wiped down the walls and everything.The only thing that I didn't do was have the carpets cleaned. There was no damage done beyond wear and tear.My security deposit and last months rent was a total of $750.00. My ex landlord issues me a check for $290.00 and says he had to get the carpets cleaned and paint. Is this supposed to come out of my money? If not what is my next step that I should take?

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tamu:
I live Philadelphia PA. I just moved out of my apartment. I cleaned the apartment better that it was before I moved in.I mopped the floors I windexed the windows ,wiped down the walls and everything.The only thing that I didn't do was have the carpets cleaned. There was no damage done beyond wear and tear.My security deposit and last months rent was a total of $750.00. My ex landlord issues me a check for $290.00 and says he had to get the carpets cleaned and paint. Is this supposed to come out of my money? If not what is my next step that I should take?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are responsible for the carpet cleaning bill but not the painting.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">