• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Security Deposit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

Tamu

I moved out of my apartment. I cleaned th place better than what it was before I moved in.I mopped the floors, windexed the windows , and wiped the walls down. My ex landlord has a security deposit and last months rent of mine and he issues me a $290.00 check and says that he has to get the walls painted and clean the carpets. My lease says that my security deposit is for damages done on the house beyond usually wear and tear.Is he allowed to do this?

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tamu:
I moved out of my apartment. I cleaned th place better than what it was before I moved in.I mopped the floors, windexed the windows , and wiped the walls down. My ex landlord has a security deposit and last months rent of mine and he issues me a $290.00 check and says that he has to get the walls painted and clean the carpets. My lease says that my security deposit is for damages done on the house beyond usually wear and tear.Is he allowed to do this?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Paint no, carpet yes.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">