• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

security deposit- California, Los Angeles

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

friday

I had been renting this apartment, it was a sublet. I had to give a $400 deposit to my landlord but she did not post me her phone no. or a copy of the contract. My roommate also owwes me some money but it was done on good faith adn i dont think there is any way I can get it back from her. But I do want my deposit back and I am sure the landlord is not even aware that I have moved out adn someone else has moved in. I dont know how to get her phone number.
how can I get my deposit back?

T

Tracey

Go to the county assessor's office and look up the owner of record for the house. The assessor should be able to give you a name & address to write to. Depending on the terms of the sublet, you might not be due a refund until the oiginal lease ends.

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">