• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

seller left property at my new house 2 months ago now wants it back.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

drkhrse

I live in Idaho. (Ada County)

My questions:

1) how long after closing does a seller have to pick up items they left at the house i purchased? It was agreed that they would be removed before closeing, but they wern't.

2) What legal bassis do they have to claim them after 2 months of no comunication what so ever?

3) What can happen to me if i refuse to return them or if i gave then away?

Thanks,
Jason

HomeGuru

drkhrse said:
I live in Idaho. (Ada County)

My questions:

1) how long after closing does a seller have to pick up items they left at the house i purchased? It was agreed that they would be removed before closeing, but they wern't.

2) What legal bassis do they have to claim them after 2 months of no comunication what so ever?

3) What can happen to me if i refuse to return them or if i gave then away?

Thanks,
Jason

**A: what kind of items ie. furniture, boxes of stuff, sheep, firewood, lawnmower, RV, potbelly pig, weathervane, old wood stove, construction materials, woodworking tools, old Boy Scout uniforms, hot tub, antiques, kids..............

D

drkhrse

big items, washer, dryer and a fridge. Some plants (i thru out), boxes of junk (gave to arc), Lawn mower (gave away). I waited a month.

HomeGuru

Send a certified rrr letter to the Seller to pick up the stuff within 30 days from receipt of the letter. If it is not removed, you will throw the stuff away.

signed,
Crazy Horse

D

drkhrse

I don't want to give him anything now. it has been 30 days since i took possesion already. Am i legally bound to return it or can i keep it?

thanks for your help,
Jason

HomeGuru

drkhrse said:
I don't want to give him anything now. it has been 30 days since i took possesion already. Am i legally bound to return it or can i keep it?

thanks for your help,
Jason
**A: If he wants the stuff back let him come back and take it.
That is why there are so many lawsuits. People sue over little things like this wasting time when small stuff like this could easily be settled.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">