• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Seller Needs Extension on Closing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

admp

Have a contract to sell home which states that we will close in 30-60-90 days (GA) depending on when seller closes on new property. Have been unable to find new home and need extension on contract. What are my rights as a seller?

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by admp:
Have a contract to sell home which states that we will close in 30-60-90 days (GA) depending on when seller closes on new property. Have been unable to find new home and need extension on contract. What are my rights as a seller?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How should I know. I don't know what your contract states with respect to any time extensions etc.

D

David J. Miller

Why don't you just re-negotiate an extension. Have an addendum to the purchase agreement signed by all parties agreeing to the extension. Your purchase agreement probably contains standard verbage, which means the buyer probably has a right to cancel the contract so the buyer is probably under no obligation to re-negotiate.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">