• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Seller Non Disclosure/Flooding Issues

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ajohnson2217

Texas
I purchased a house in 2012 and starting in 2013 and then again in 2014 when we would have severe rains the house would flood ( we don't get rain like that here ), our block runs downhill so all the houses sort of stair step from the neighbors with theirs being at a higher elevation. However upon having someone come out to evaluate the problem and what I needed to do, I find that there was a French drain installed on the side of the house that floods, the drain was not installed properly and the previous owner had coated the brick on that side of the house as well with a tar like water resistant substance, which apparently does not work...I did have the house inspected prior to purchase nothing was noted, I can understand why it wasn't there was rock up past the foundation and past the black tar stuff that is coated on three bricks high from foundation and slab. So you could not see any of this..When we have had that sort of rain my neighbors houses flood as well and I was told by them that the previous owner had trouble with that also... I looked at non disclosure and nothing is noted for flooding however she did mark that it had a French drain.. Is there any other reason to have a French drain if not for water issues? and it has cost me total of about 8500 to fix this and I still have to replace all baseboard in the house, what recourse do I have with this matter I feel that it is a non disclosure issue,

Thanks!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">