• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

seller's agent commission

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Dobro1

A seller's agent showed me a home on March 14th. She followed up with me on the phone, and we never had contact again. In September the price on the home was reduced (after being taken off the market for a month for internal construction work). I called the listing agent, saw the house and made an offer without a broker that was accepted on Sept. 30th. We will sign the P&S on October 13th. Does the agent of March 14th have a claim to any commission? (Massach.)

T

Tracey

Yes, but this is seller's problem, not yours. Now, why are you buying a house without an agent of your own? If you have your own buyer's agent, she & the seller's agent usually split the 6% commission. It doesn't cost you anything. If you don't have an agent, be sure to have all the documents reviewed by an experienced real estate attorney. Doing this all on your own is a recipe for trouble down thr road.

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws. [email protected] - please include some facts so I know who you are!

D

dobro1

Tracey-

Please read message of Oct 12 1:14pm for further details on my question. I do have a lawyer and the listing agent kicked in a bunch of money to bring the seller and myself together on price. Isn't there a period of time (e.g. 180 days, 1 year later) where the seller's (sub) agent has no right to any commission? [again.. please see Oct 12th 1:14pm DOBRO1 for further info] and thank you for your help...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">