• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

seller's responisbility after the sale

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dripdrip

recently purchased a home in pa. three months later found that we had a small leak in the water supply line. the seller's had a high water bill (at closing) and offered that they left a hose on. do the sellers have any responsibility?

HomeGuru

They may, but you as the Buyer also have liability since you could have hired a home inspector, the Board of Water company and/or plumbing contractor prior to closing to determine exactly the cause of the high water bill.
A simple test of turning off all fixtures in the home and looking at the water meter could have been done by anyone. If all fixtures were off and the meter is still running, that is a red flag.

Last edited:
J

J. Ducaine

Fix the leak and move on. This is typical in this day and age - blaming the seller for something they probably did not know of, and probably translated to value in the negotiations, one way or another. As if you would take them time to sue? I doubt it!

HomeGuru

J. Ducaine said:
Fix the leak and move on. This is typical in this day and age - blaming the seller for something they probably did not know of, and probably translated to value in the negotiations, one way or another. As if you would take them time to sue? I doubt it!
My response: another feeble attempt.

J

J. Ducaine

heres another idea: hire guru and he'll chagre you 20 hours consult ($4,000) and you'll get your pipe fixed!! what a deal!

HomeGuru

J. Ducaine said:
heres another idea: hire guru and he'll chagre you 20 hours consult ($4,000) and you'll get your pipe fixed!! what a deal!
My response: sorry, I do not accept clients from this website.

J

J. Ducaine

wow! what a legally, sound response. very good. now off to school you go.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">