• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

The sellers were theives!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

M Zimmerman

What is the name of your state? Ohio

Here goes. I purchased a home, closed April 17, 2002. Upon acceptance of my offer, the various inspections and searches were being carried out. The title search revealed that the sellers owed a $68k second mortgage over and above what the selling price was. The real estate company says that they didn't know about this second mortgage. Well, their specialty is foreclosed homes. They send out form letters to people offering to either buy their home or to list it according to the amount of equity built up in the home. I do not believe for a minute that they didn't know about the second mortgage. They would have bought the house themselves (but they were waiting for it to go to auction!). Isn't this listing an unsaleable property?

Secondly, per the contract, the range, refrigerator, and window coverings were supposed to stay and the sellers were supposed to purchase a home warranty for me. Per the home inspection, all appliances worked fine. After obtaining possession of the keys, I went to my new home and realized that they had taken the range and refrigerator and all the window coverings. The sellers claimed that they must have misread the contract and anyway, the refrigerator wasn't theirs and the stove was 15 years old and supposedly shocked the person who turned it on (didn't shock the home inspector!). They replaced the nice stove and refrigerator with another stove and refrigerator obtained from a man that their realtor recommened using. The stove is harvest gold, the refrigerator looks like someone played kickball with it and it has one shelf which is in the refrigerator. There are no veggie bins or anything. And, I have begun to see roaches in my home!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh, and I didn't get the home warranty.

The sellers are in bankruptcy, and if I were to sue them they would just add me to their list. I am told by many people that I can take the listing real estate company to small claims court and sue them for damages ( for the cost of new stove and refrigerator, window coverings home warranty and home extermination).
:confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">