• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

selling property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

missjane

What is the name of your state? fl
i have signed an agreement to sell my property. no home just land. when do i pay the taxes? if i use the money to pay off debts which equal about 30000. do i still have to pay taxes on the whole amt. the realtor said i did not on the 100000. i paid for the land but do i for the rest? thank you for the info.

Souix

missjane said:
What is the name of your state? fl
i have signed an agreement to sell my property. no home just land. when do i pay the taxes? if i use the money to pay off debts which equal about 30000. do i still have to pay taxes on the whole amt. the realtor said i did not on the 100000. i paid for the land but do i for the rest? thank you for the info.

***Do you mean income tax or property tax?***

M

missjane

taxes

which ever or both . i did pay property taxes for this yr which were minimal (25.00). i paid 10000 with interest for property and am selling it for 38000. i did ask the agent but she was confusing. she said i didn't have to pay taxes on the original amt i paid for land. but she didn't know if i turned around and immediately paid off a morgage for my mom and my car would i still owe taxes. and i presume she meant income taxes on the money. thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">