• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Selling Share In Inherited Property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sweetgum4

What is the name of your state? GEORGIA

I inherited a share in parents home. Can I sell my share to someone outside the family or do I have to sell to one of the other ownerS?What is the name of your state?

FlyingRon

If it is an outright inheritance and there is no stipulation otherwise on the deed, you can sell a share if anybody would buy it (though, it is unlikely someone would buy a partial share in such a property). You can (although it will take time) also sue for partition which would force the sale (or division of the property so it could be sold).

Have you approached the other owners about them buying your interest?

sweetgum4

selling share

I tried that- offered to sell to stepmother and she wanted to buyl 1/4 interest in 42,000. property for $4.000. She has had an offer of 40,000.00 for the property.

I really appreciarte your answer to this. I don't know what she can do to me to force me out.

HomeGuru

I tried that- offered to sell to stepmother and she wanted to buyl 1/4 interest in 42,000. property for $4.000. She has had an offer of 40,000.00 for the property.

I really appreciarte your answer to this. I don't know what she can do to me to force me out.
**A: hold out for $10K then.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">