• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Seperate Property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Jane G

Live in Arizona and owned a house before marriage 2 years ago. Now thinking of divorce I have paid all mortgage, Ins, repairs from my seperate bank account He has lived with me for two years I have paid all household bills. Have not co-mingled any money. He makes $80,000 I make $20,000 per year
House has gone up in value by about $20.000 My husband says he is entitled to half of that ($10,000) I will need to sell the house and give him his share.
The following is from the Arizona law: My question does "increase and profits thereof" refer to the appreciation of the house?

25-213. Separate property defined All property, real and personal, of each spouse, owned by such spouse before marriage, and that acquired afterward by gift, devise or descent, and also the increase, rents, issues and profits thereof, is the separate property of such spouse.

Thank you for any advice

J

Jane G

seperate property

Does that mean a divorce judge can over-rule the law. I am happy to give him half of everything else, but do want to keep my house.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">