• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

septic easement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

greencad

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin
I purchased a "vacation" home which was foreclosed on. The well, holding tank and propane tank are on the lot next door, which is still owned by the the previous owner of the home. She proposes to sell me the lot at about 10 times what it is worth (she has liens against the lot) or she says she will disconnect them. Could I get an easement to use the well, and tanks? I know I could wait it out and try to get the lot in foreclosure. Because of the lot sizes (mine is very narrow) it might be difficult to install a holding tank. I could always put in electric heat if need be. Any thoughts?

FarmerJ

Go see a local real estate attorney if you dont know of one use the links up top and atleast arrange to speak with one . if she has liens allready what makes you sure she isnt hiding anything else . go talk to a atty even if you end up buying the lot from her . she might be able to legally make you move the propane tank but the well and the septic a local atty can talk to you about prescriptive easements .

HomeGuru

greencad said:
What is the name of your state? Wisconsin
I purchased a "vacation" home which was foreclosed on. The well, holding tank and propane tank are on the lot next door, which is still owned by the the previous owner of the home. She proposes to sell me the lot at about 10 times what it is worth (she has liens against the lot) or she says she will disconnect them. Could I get an easement to use the well, and tanks? I know I could wait it out and try to get the lot in foreclosure. Because of the lot sizes (mine is very narrow) it might be difficult to install a holding tank. I could always put in electric heat if need be. Any thoughts?
**A: yes, go get legal counsel.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">