• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

septic field/bed problems

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

Karalynne14

i recently purchased a home in indiana. in the seller's residential real estate sales disclosure the sellers checked that the septic field/bed was not defective. today i relized that there were problems with the septic field/bed. are the sellers liable for the cost to fix this problem?

HomeGuru

Karalynne14 said:
i recently purchased a home in indiana. in the seller's residential real estate sales disclosure the sellers checked that the septic field/bed was not defective. today i relized that there were problems with the septic field/bed. are the sellers liable for the cost to fix this problem?
My response: possibly.

M

Masthera

you are not alone, we bought a house and within six months we had to get the tank pumped because the drainfield does not function (we had the tank pumped 6 months before at settlement) yet no one knows anything.
now we have to pump it every 3.5 months till we can afford to fix it. I have a post out 12-28-01 you may want to follow it if I get an answer.
we even had a septic inspection (if thats what they want to call it, more like pay us $275 to come stand and chat in your yard for 15 minutes)
happy new year

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">