• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

septic tank problems

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

gdesnoye

Located in Georgia, I have a problem wiht my septic system. To make a long story short, it is located at a low-piont in the neighborhood and, when it rains, the system is slow and has even backed up into the house. I've had numerous inspectors, private and from the county look at my property, and they all have said that it is in a bad location. The property/house is 4 years old and no property grading has been done since it was built.

Who's responsibility was it to make sure that the site was suitable for a septic system? The county inspector told me that he would have never approved the site had he been the one to inspect it originally. Do I have any legal recourse to ask that the county pay for fixing the problem??

Thanks.

Gavin Desnoyers

HomeGuru

Have an engineer/contractor type that specializes in design/construction of septic systems take a look.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">