• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sewer easement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

VGNH

What is the name of your state? NH
When my parents bought the land our house is on, they sold a parcel to the neighboring trailer park that was behind the park. They agreed to a sewer easement, we connect to the main sewer line through the park. First question: The park has since changed hands, does the easement still stand?
The park had it's roads redone a couple of years ago and requested permisiion to move our link-up-we agreed. There have recently been leakage problems. The link-up does not appear to have been sealed properly when moved. They sent us the bill for clean up and digging. There is still a leakage problem and they are doing more work. Second question: Whose responsibility is the line maintainance? I have no objection to paying a fair share, but if the work had been done properly, there wouldn't be a problem. -VG

H

hexeliebe

You're going to get an answer from HomeGuru soon so I'll just address the main issues here.

The park has since changed hands, does the easement still stand?
Yes, the easement goes with the land, not the owner.

Whose responsibility is the line maintainance? I have no objection to paying a fair share, but if the work had been done properly, there wouldn't be a problem
Did you sign a contract for the work or was this a verbal agreement? Also, was the linkup moved within the easement or outside of it? This brings up more questions than answer I'm afraid...at least for me.

HomeGuru

VGNH said:
When my parents bought the land our house is on, they sold a parcel to the neighboring trailer park that was behind the park. They agreed to a sewer easement, we connect to the main sewer line through the park. First question: The park has since changed hands, does the easement still stand?

**A: yes.
The park had it's roads redone a couple of years ago and requested permisiion to move our link-up-we agreed. There have recently been leakage problems. The link-up does not appear to have been sealed properly when moved. They sent us the bill for clean up and digging. There is still a leakage problem and they are doing more work. Second question: Whose responsibility is the line maintainance? I have no objection to paying a fair share, but if the work had been done properly, there wouldn't be a problem. -VG
**A: read your easement agreement.

V

VGNH

Back again

Thank you for your reply. Sorry I did not get back sooner.
We're on our our third clean-up now and they say they can diconnect our line. I do not believe we have been negligent or willfully causing problems... Can they dis-connect us. I couldn't find a service agreement but I believe the easement reads that we can hook in there as long as we pay the sewer bill, which we have done. Thank you for any assistance you can give. -V

HomeGuru

VGNH said:

**A: yes. Read your title report.
The park had it's roads redone a couple of years ago and requested permisiion to move our link-up-we agreed. There have recently been leakage problems. The link-up does not appear to have been sealed properly when moved. They sent us the bill for clean up and digging. There is still a leakage problem and they are doing more work. Second question: Whose responsibility is the line maintainance?

**A: read your recorded easement agreement.

I have no objection to paying a fair share, but if the work had been done properly, there wouldn't be a problem. -VG

**A: then next time get more involved.

HomeGuru

Re: Back again

VGNH said:
Thank you for your reply. Sorry I did not get back sooner.
We're on our our third clean-up now and they say they can diconnect our line. I do not believe we have been negligent or willfully causing problems... Can they dis-connect us. I couldn't find a service agreement but I believe the easement reads that we can hook in there as long as we pay the sewer bill, which we have done. Thank you for any assistance you can give. -V
**A: without the facts such as what was agreed to in the easement agreement, repair/service/maintenance agreement etc., we are not at liberty to guess or make up responses to give to you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">