• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

shared driveway

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

clamshell

i am from new jersey. my uncle owned a piece of property. he
sold lots in the front of the property, he retained 50 ft of property between two of the homes to be able to access his portion of the property.40 years ago one owner asked to use this access as part of his driveway. no legal papers or money changed hands only verbal agreement. my father bought this property from my uncle and built a house on the property. to be able to get to his house he decided to use the access as his driveway. the access is completely on my father's property, no portion is owned by the other homeowner.
the other homeowner sold his home and the new homeowners continued to use this driveway. my father's driveway, is 25 feet from the other owner's property line, and his "parking area" he must cross my father's property to be able to get to this driveway. can my father deny the new owner's use of his driveway since their use encroaches on our property

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">