• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Shared Driveway/Easement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

BlaDe1661

New York-
Hi,
I am interested in knowing 2 things
1)Could I make a offer to purchase the easement/shared driveway my neighbor has and buy it from them?
2)Currently their garage is on top of their half of the easement/shared driveway are they allowed to do that?

HomeGuru

BlaDe1661 said:
New York-
Hi,
I am interested in knowing 2 things
1)Could I make a offer to purchase the easement/shared driveway my neighbor has and buy it from them?
2)Currently their garage is on top of their half of the easement/shared driveway are they allowed to do that?
**A: you need to provide more details.

B

BlaDe1661

Each owner has an easement on the survey of 3ft 6inches id like to purchase their 3ft 6inches so its my driveway.

For the second question:
in the backyard they have their garage on top of their half of the easement, isnt that not allowed as its suppose to be shared all the way to the end and left empty?

BelizeBreeze

Yes.

As HG said, without fuller details regarding the TYPE of easement they possess, who owns the land in question and the exact wording of the easement agreement, there's no one here who could or would venture a 'guess'.

B

BlaDe1661

thanks for the info, as for the purchasing of it, i wasnt sure if the govt allows you to buy parts of a persons property, or if an easement is seperate or what.

HomeGuru

Without fuller details regarding the TYPE of easement they possess, who owns the land in question and the exact wording of the easement agreement, there's no one here who could or would venture a 'guess'.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">