• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Should I get a Atty.?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

peachyis1x

OK heres the deal, We movied into a house 4 years ago this month in Medina Ohio.
We signed a lease for one year.
About a week into the house the landlords father (Marco) started coming over he need to put new screens in the windows. He asked to use the phone, we said yes.
Every call we found out was lond distance.
Anyway, about a year into the house, nebiors where talking to us and said Marco has been telling them our bussiness, this was the begginging of the problems.
I called the landlord (Marcos son) and explined to him the sitiontion, I always have gotten a answering mach. and never a call back.
OK, into about year #2, we have been mowing about 2 acres of land and taking care of fruit trees ect.
I came home earliy one day from work, and found Marco and his freinds? in my yard picking pears, I asked him what was he doing and he said it was his propertiy and he can pick them. I called the sheriff and they came and TRYED to expline to him that this is rented propertiy and he cant do this. Marcos from another country)
Marco left. about 2 weeks later sure enough there he was again picking pears, (I put up a No Tresspassing sing) I told him I would be indeed be calling the sherffi again, and asked what happen to the No treasspassing sing, he had no clue and said call them. Samething, he had to leave.

OK, now we woke up on a Sunday morning to loud banging on the roof, about 6-7am.
I walked outside to find Marco on the roof with some kid and a sledge hammer pounding at the chimmy, I asked him what the hell is he doing, and he laught and asked why dose everyone sleep so late? DUH!
We ended up leaving OUR rented house to get relife from the BS.
OK, heres is now, last SUN Marco came over AGAIN (I cant mention everything, youd be here forever)He pulled out the lawn mower and started to yes rototillng the yard, he was cutting it so damn short, I went out and told him to STOP! I went back in the house and a few mins later he was knocking, I answered...he said Whats the problem? I said your F**King the yard up thats why I dont want you to mow it, he still didnt get it, I asked him if he would like to go to jail, still a blank look on his face, he walked away, I guess confused. He didnt mow our lawn.
The folling day his son showed up right when we got home from work, haned us a letter which read this: Due to your inability to keep up with the rent on multiple occasions ( we asked after the years lease for month to month and never got one, and have never been late with the rent) and your current arreage. Your most recent threat against my father deeply concerns me.
You are hereby notified to vacate the home at the above address.
you have 30 days from receipt of this letter to vacate.

So what can I do, anyone please help...I feel I have be harassed since I have been at this house. Theres police statements showing that he was in trouble here before, from what I have been told.
OK thanks in advance...PLEASE HELP!

Pam

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by peachyis1x:
OK heres the deal, We movied into a house 4 years ago this month in Medina Ohio.
About a week into the house the landlords father (Marco) started coming over he need to put new screens in the windows. He asked to use the phone, we said yes.
Anyway, about a year into the house, nebiors where talking to us and said Marco has been telling them our bussiness, this was the begginging of the problems.
I called the landlord (Marcos son) and explined to him the sitiontion, I always have gotten a answering mach. and never a call back.
OK, into about year #2, we have been mowing about 2 acres of land and taking care of fruit trees ect.
I came home earliy one day from work, and found Marco and his freinds? in my yard picking pears, I asked him what was he doing and he said it was his propertiy and he can pick them. I called the sheriff and they came and TRYED to expline to him that this is rented propertiy and he cant do this. Marcos from another country)
Marco left. about 2 weeks later sure enough there he was again picking pears, (I put up a No Tresspassing sing) I told him I would be indeed be calling the sherffi again, and asked what happen to the No treasspassing sing, he had no clue and said call them. Samething, he had to leave.

OK, now we woke up on a Sunday morning to loud banging on the roof, about 6-7am.
I walked outside to find Marco on the roof with some kid and a sledge hammer pounding at the chimmy, I asked him what the hell is he doing, and he laught and asked why dose everyone sleep so late? DUH!
OK, heres is now, last SUN Marco came over AGAIN (I cant mention everything, youd be here forever)He pulled out the lawn mower and started to yes rototillng the yard, he was cutting it so damn short, I went out and told him to STOP! I went back in the house and a few mins later he was knocking, I answered...he said Whats the problem? I said your F**King the yard up thats why I dont want you to mow it, he still didnt get it, I asked him if he would like to go to jail, still a blank look on his face, he walked away, I guess confused. He didnt mow our lawn.
The folling day his son showed up right when we got home from work, haned us a letter which read this: Due to your inability to keep up with the rent on multiple occasions ( we asked after the years lease for month to month and never got one, and have never been late with the rent) and your current arreage. Your most recent threat against my father deeply concerns me.

So what can I do, anyone please help...I feel I have be harassed since I have been at this house. Theres police statements showing that he was in trouble here before, from what I have been told.

Pam
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Get an atorney and also start looking for another place to rent.

T

Tracey

When you get that attorney, sue L immediately for retaliatory eviction, abuse of access, and for the long distance charges. The Ohio residential landlord tenant laws are in Title 53, chapter 5321 of the Ohio Code. Your library has them.

5321.04 says L can't abuse the right of access & has to give at least 24 hours warning before entering, & may only enter at reasonable times.
5321.02 says if L terminates your lease because you've complained about L violating 5321.04, you can use that fact as a defense to an eviction, and/or can sue L for actual damages + attorney fees.

Send L a letter informing him of the law (cite the actual codes sections), & that you will not leave & will use his abuse of access to sue him for damages & attorney fees unless he immediately withdraws his termination notice in writing, & tells his father NOT to enter your land anymore without giving 24 hours advance notice AND entering between the hours of X and Y. Send the letter certified, return receipt required. Also explain that you have never been late with the rent, nor have you threatened his father. You have merely called the police on a persistant trespasser.

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws.

P

peachyis1x

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by peachyis1x:

Pam
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you so much for your advise, anything else? smooches!! Thanks,

Pam

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">