• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

should I stay or should I go ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

webstersme

I had an unlawful detainer suit and fought it for uninhabitablity and won. They still would not make repairs and wanted me out on the 1st. Today I get a letterfrom a new mgt co with a new rental app, and envelopes to send rent in. I am confused, do these new mgrs have the same legal rights to take possesion of property on 1st or do I pay rent and get to stay? Help Dont know whether to stay or go?

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by webstersme:
I had an unlawful detainer suit and fought it for uninhabitablity and won. They still would not make repairs and wanted me out on the 1st. Today I get a letterfrom a new mgt co with a new rental app, and envelopes to send rent in. I am confused, do these new mgrs have the same legal rights to take possesion of property on 1st or do I pay rent and get to stay? Help Dont know whether to stay or go?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The new managers do have the same rights as agent for the property owner. Do not second guess anyone but talk directly to the new managers to get the first hand information. Either they made a mistake or are willing to work with you. If the place is uninhabitable, move out.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">