• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Should Property be in the Trust

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

RMB

In Florida, if you have a Living Trust, is there any reason why you should not have your home titled in the name of the trust?

HomeGuru

RMB said:
In Florida, if you have a Living Trust, is there any reason why you should not have your home titled in the name of the trust?
**A: your question is too general. Please explain.

R

RMB

I recently bought a home in Florida and forgot to have the name on the deed say the "The Trust" instead of "Mr & Mrs". A few weeks ago when speaking with a financial broker with a legal background if he knew a lawyer I could use to make a quitclaim deed to fix this problem, he said "you may not want the house in the name of the trust" and to "ask a lawyer before you change it". I would like to know if I should have the name of the trust ("The Trust") on the deed as owner or my husband and myself ("Mr & Mrs") as owner. Thank you. RMB

HomeGuru

This is a personal issue that should be discussed between you and your estate/trust attorney. There are many factors involved, pros and cons etc. and there are various different trusts. It is not just a simple matter of putting the words "The Trust" on the deed. An actual legal trust entity must be formed for this sole purpose. I trust you understand.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">