• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

shoveling sidewalks

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sroche1216

What is the name of your state?
I live in Massachusetts and received a citation for not shoveling my sidewalk. I do not have a sidewalk, nor does anyone else on my side of the street. Can the city legally issue these citations? It is a small dead-end street with no children living on the street.

seniorjudge

sroche1216 said:
What is the name of your state?
I live in Massachusetts and received a citation for not shoveling my sidewalk. I do not have a sidewalk, nor does anyone else on my side of the street. Can the city legally issue these citations? It is a small dead-end street with no children living on the street.
Plead not guilty; when you go to court, have the photographic evidence available, showing that there are no sidewalks to shovel.

Your defense (in lawyer lingo) is impossibility. In other words, there is no way you could have committed this offense.

HomeGuru

seniorjudge said:
Plead not guilty; when you go to court, have the photographic evidence available, showing that there are no sidewalks to shovel.

Your defense (in lawyer lingo) is impossibility. In other words, there is no way you could have committed this offense.

**A: you forgot to advise the writer to look up the city definition of sidewalk and research the snow removal ordinance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">