• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sight line at the waterfront

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

starling27

YOUR STATE NAME - MICHIGAN:
We've been checking all zoning ordinances and state statutes looking for anything to help. New neighbor has purchased lot next door, demolished a tiny home w/ a 2 car garage and is proposing to build a huge house. My problem is that his house will be set back from the lake by only 25 to 30 feet and mine, right next door is set back about 150ft. 100% of his house is forward of mine completely blocking our view of the lake. Not that I own a view, but I sure would rather look the the lake than the back of a house. Any way to force him to set the house further back??? I'd be happy with 75ft even!
Thanks!

FarmerJ

What does your county have to say about set backs ? call the county govt center ask for set back info for homes . Since they are rebuilding also you want to know if they are required to meet new code for sewage systems especially if there is a new code for water front homes.

S

starling27

Township setback is 25 feet from the water, haven't checked with the county, though I will.

Septic is a non issue now because new sewer will be on line by June 1.

I've heard of sight line references where one would draw a line from the front of one house to the front of another and the one built in between could not go past that line... any presedence (sp?).

S

starling27

Thank you for your reply, yet I am afraid you have someone here who is new to "legal-ease" and I do not know what a "CC&R" is... please advise

HomeGuru

Sorry. CC&R is a rock band from the 70's that had hits such as Susie Q, Proud Mary, I Heard It Through The Grapevine, Up Around The Bend, Who'll Stop The Rain, Green River, Sweet Hitchhiker, Travelin' Band, Down On The Corner......

This not legal-ease so set your mind at ease.

HomeGuru

Oh, in that case CC&R stands for Covenants, Codes and Restrictions. Commonly called deed restrictions. Check out your title report to see if there are any restrictions or CC&R's recorded on title. If there are, there may be regulations with respect to set backs etc.

signed,
Aleczander the Smart
from the Great Room

S

starling27

Thank you oh smart one!
We've been looking into that too and as of yet, have had no luck!

FarmerJ

HomeG no evil intended but you know walmart sells pads for porcelain thrones :)~~~~ AND companys in Japan make electrically warmed ones too.

HomeGuru

FarmerJ said:
HomeG no evil intended but you know walmart sells pads for porcelain thrones :)~~~~ AND companys in Japan make electrically warmed ones too.
**A: now you're the smart aleck. I vacate and relinquish my throne to you.
Have a seat and look behind you to the right. Push the lever down. That sound you hear is called the Royal Flush.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">