• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Signed but need out of lease... no money paid. KS

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

troubleinks

I just recently signed a one year lease with 3 other people. The landlord asked for the security deposit from me but I told him I didn't have the money & didn't know when I would because I was going to have to sublease my other apartment first. So, I gave him no money. My parents argued & said to get out of it because we found out that one of the roommates is connected with someone that was just recently put in jail & had their house raided for drugs. I do not want to be a part of that... if the cops came to this place because he was there & raided it... so I now want off. Plus, I do not have the money & will not... so I told the other 3 that I wanted off. They said no. Now that all of this has taken place they said that they were going to find another roommate & that they wouldn't let me move in even if I wanted to. Which I don't, but I want out of this too. What should I do & what can happen to me if I do nothing? Thank you! :)

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by troubleinks:
I just recently signed a one year lease with 3 other people. The landlord asked for the security deposit from me but I told him I didn't have the money & didn't know when I would because I was going to have to sublease my other apartment first. So, I gave him no money. My parents argued & said to get out of it because we found out that one of the roommates is connected with someone that was just recently put in jail & had their house raided for drugs. I do not want to be a part of that... if the cops came to this place because he was there & raided it... so I now want off. Plus, I do not have the money & will not... so I told the other 3 that I wanted off. They said no. Now that all of this has taken place they said that they were going to find another roommate & that they wouldn't let me move in even if I wanted to. Which I don't, but I want out of this too. What should I do & what can happen to me if I do nothing? Thank you! :)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If the other 3 do not find another roommate, you will be responsible for your share of the rent until such time that a roommate is found to take your place. Trust your parents, they know better.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">