• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

signing over title of mobilehome

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

isletonite

i live in sacramento county california, my mothers will states the house is to be sold and money split between my brother and myself,but my mother has decided to sign the title over to just me as a gift.what are the legal steps to accomplish this,i dont even know where to start.

Last edited:

I

isletonite

my mother has cancer and is going through chemo, i have been living with and caring for her for 5 years.
it is very exhausting for her to travel and she wants to know if there is any way to do this without a lawyer for instance a notary public.we live in a small delta town and could probably arrange for one to come to the house.she does not know if the lawyer who wrote the will over 20 years ago are even still in buisiness.
my brother is also excecutor of the will ,last time my mother was put in the hospital, he threw my son and i out of the house,changed the locks and was going to put it up for sale,all without my mothers knowledge.
when she recovered and found out what he did she was livid.she wants to do this now to protect me,and also because he has his own home and does not help me in caring for her at all. any advice would be greatly appreciated.
thank you so much:)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">