• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sister took huge amount of money from mom, and she already has money

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

krouse

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Philadelphia

I cannot afford an attorney right now, but here is my problem, please help if you can.

Me and my mother purchased a home in Boston, we used my sister to purchase the home for us, since we live in Philadelphia, her name as well as my name was added to the lease which made us co-owners, a few years ago, she took out a loan on this property, and I did sign my name to that loan, with all honesty, I did believe her when she told me that the loan was not approved, when in fact she had got the loan, on which I had to find out through plymouth records. The home was sold and being sold the profits paid off the loan, on which we (me and my mother) brought the home for $94,000 and ended up coming home with only $12,000 dollars, even so, I understand that since she was a co-owner that she would still be entitled to half of the sales price, but with the loan that she received, she still owes us money, and to get what is owed, I would like to see somehow if I could obtain a lien form to place a lien on her home, so that I can get my half of the money when her property is sold.

Please help us to obtain the rest of our money.

Thank you.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Philadelphia

I cannot afford an attorney right now, but here is my problem, please help if you can.

Me and my mother purchased a home in Boston, we used my sister to purchase the home for us, since we live in Philadelphia, her name as well as my name was added to the lease which made us co-owners, a few years ago, she took out a loan on this property, and I did sign my name to that loan, with all honesty, I did believe her when she told me that the loan was not approved, when in fact she had got the loan, on which I had to find out through plymouth records. The home was sold and being sold the profits paid off the loan, on which we (me and my mother) brought the home for $94,000 and ended up coming home with only $12,000 dollars, even so, I understand that since she was a co-owner that she would still be entitled to half of the sales price, but with the loan that she received, she still owes us money, and to get what is owed, I would like to see somehow if I could obtain a lien form to place a lien on her home, so that I can get my half of the money when her property is sold.

Please help us to obtain the rest of our money.

Thank you.
Talk to an attorney. This is (potentially) too large an amount of money not to...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">