• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sold Taxes

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

theGeneral

I have a client who has contracted to purchase a home for which the taxes have been sold and foreclosure proceedings had begun. He will be purchasing the home directly from the bank that started the foreclosure. As long as we handle the closing as an escrow close through a title company, does my institution (bank) have anything to consider or worry about as to not receiving clean title? What possibilities for loss do we or my client have as far as the tax sale? We are in the state of Illinois.

HomeGuru

theGeneral said:
I have a client who has contracted to purchase a home for which the taxes have been sold and foreclosure proceedings had begun. He will be purchasing the home directly from the bank that started the foreclosure. As long as we handle the closing as an escrow close through a title company, does my institution (bank) have anything to consider or worry about as to not receiving clean title? What possibilities for loss do we or my client have as far as the tax sale? We are in the state of Illinois.
**A: are you a real estate agent, attorney, CPA....?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">