• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Special warranty deed?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

crewguy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Mississippi

I want to acquire a parcel of land from two individuals (brother and sister). The problem is they cannot seem to find the time to meet to sign the deed and have a Notary witness it. Where can I get a blank deed that is worded correctly so they can sign the deed individually and use separate notary public? That is, if it can even be done.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

PghREA

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Mississippi

I want to acquire a parcel of land from two individuals (brother and sister). The problem is they cannot seem to find the time to meet to sign the deed and have a Notary witness it. Where can I get a blank deed that is worded correctly so they can sign the deed individually and use separate notary public? That is, if it can even be done.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
If the brother and sister duo are really interested in selling the property to you, they will find the time to meet and transfer the land to you in the maner that property is transfered in Mississippi.

crewguy

If the brother and sister duo are really interested in selling the property to you, they will find the time to meet and transfer the land to you in the maner that property is transfered in Mississippi.
Why bother to take the time to post a reply just to say that?

Put it like this: a person on the "receiving end" of a good deal should try to help out to close the deal.

Ozark_Sophist

Why bother to take the time to post a reply just to say that?

Put it like this: a person on the "receiving end" of a good deal should try to help out to close the deal.
Have you had a title search performed to see if there are any defects in titles, leins, or other issues?

divgradcurl

Contact the recorder's office in the county in which the land is located, and find out what THEY require for a deed to be recorded. In addition to language, they may require a certain type of paper, certain blank spaces on the first page, etc. This info may be available on the web, otherwise just call them (or go there in person) to get the information on what you need for a deed.

And a title search is always a good idea.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">