• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Squatter or not

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fmiller

What is the name of your state?I live in Florida. My mother had to have emergency surgey due to a boold clot on her brain. She had a two week stay in the hospital, a two day discharge and than a readmit to the hospital for two more weeks. The doctor than discharged her to a Nursing home for three weeks for therpy and safety. During this time a long term friend of my mother moved unknowly to my mother (of course) and to the rest of the family until a consin went by to check on the house and noticed his things there. Do he has the right to just move into my mother's house like that and does the squatter's law cover him?

LindaP777

fmiller said:
What is the name of your state?I live in Florida. My mother had to have emergency surgey due to a boold clot on her brain. She had a two week stay in the hospital, a two day discharge and than a readmit to the hospital for two more weeks. The doctor than discharged her to a Nursing home for three weeks for therpy and safety. During this time a long term friend of my mother moved unknowly to my mother (of course) and to the rest of the family until a consin went by to check on the house and noticed his things there. Do he has the right to just move into my mother's house like that and does the squatter's law cover him?
Call the police! Someone has entered the home without the homeowners permission - that's breaking & entering! Have them arrested (or get the H out, their choice!)

HomeGuru

fmiller said:

**A: there has to be more to this. What did the friend say when your cousin said "what are you doing here, who gave you permission to live here?"

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">